Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hospital Visit #4

Well folks, just wanted everyone to know that I made it through surgery and was sent home yesterday. Talk about a rough day though... I arrived at the hospital for registration / interview and assessment and not two seconds in the I&S room I started dry heaving - not fun! However, because I was so sick they put me straight back into the pre op bay and got me hooked up on fluids and anti nausea meds. I did have to wait a little while for my surgery because the surgeon had gotten behind, but I was grateful to be receiving meds and be under warm blankets! My biggest concern about this surgery was the anesthesia itself. I did let the anesthesiologist know how sick I had gotten last time and he assured me he was going to do his best to keep that from happening again. I remember going back into the or and then waking up in step down. Thankfully I wasn't so nauseous this time! After about an hour or so they had me get up and walk around and then sent me on my way home to recuperate. 

Now I am sitting at home bouncing from the recliner to my bed because nothing seems to be comfortable! I am not as nauseous as I was last time, but I do not remember being in this much pain either. I am hoping that after a few days, the pain will start to subside and I will be back on the road to recovery again! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment