Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just keep swimming...

What a journey I've been on recently... I can say that after weighing, I am down to 284 pounds with a total weight loss of 58 pounds. That puts my total percentage of weight loss at 16.96% bringing me that much closer to my current goal of loosing 25% of my total body weight.

I am currently waiting to have my gall bladder removed in hopes that this will alleviate some of the chronic pain and nausea I have been experiencing. Unfortunately, I still have over a week to go and I am finding the wait to be quite difficult. It is becoming all I can do to make it through one day at a time. Work is extremely difficult and when 5pm rolls around I find myself in tears and headed for bed. Thankfully I have less than 10 days before surgery and am hopeful for the positive outcome this surgery is going to bring.

They say that to get through the hardest journey we need only take one step at a time; but we must keep stepping! I am reminded of the scene in Finding Nemo where Dori and Marlin are on a journey to find Nemo and Dori breaks out into song  ♪ Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment