Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 Months Post Op (and ready for round two...)

As tomorrow marks the two month post op mark and beginning of this journey I have invited my Biggest Looser's Allison Sweeny voice to join me for this update. "Your starting weight was 342 pounds and your current weight is -beep beep beep beep beep beep beep- 290 pounds for a total weight loss of 52 pounds and total percent weight loss of 15.2%." Yeah me!

It has been a challenging couple of months, but you can see the progress I've made since day one and I assure you all that I am very pleased.  I have met my first goal of being under 300 pounds and am announcing my newest goal. Since reaching my first goal focused around weight in a number aspect I have decided to set my sights higher, focusing my second goal on percentage of weight loss. My second goal on the JStew Journey is to have a total percentage of weight loss of 25% setting my new weight goal as 256.5 pounds. I am hopeful that this goal will be attained and excited to see what new goals I can set once this second one has been reached.

As most of you know these past two months, while proving to be very effective, have also been very trying. It was recently discovered that I have gall stones and will now be requiring a second surgery to have my gall bladder removed. I met with the surgeon today and he is hopeful that this will eliminate the chromic pain and nausea that I have endured for the past few months making my journey that much more enjoyable. The surgery has been scheduled for April 12th and my current focus is making it to that date. While it is still guaranteed to be a bumpy and ill ride, I am anxiously awaiting my second endeavorer in the OR and not looking forward to another round of anesthesia! Once this second surgery is performed, we are hopeful that my journey towards continued weight loss and a healthier me will be one of enjoyment.

I want to thank everyone for their continued prayers and support.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment