Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mystery Solved?...

As most of you know, the past few months have been quite trying for myself.  When you take a girl who grew up healthy and happy her entire life and throw her into a season of ill and trying times you are certain to be left with a rather large mess.

I am approaching my two month post op mark and what a journey it has been. I have recently been on a mission to find the source of my continued discomfort during what should be a journey of enjoyment and excitement. After many test and the help of my surgeon we have discovered that I now have gall stones. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow to discuss the laparoscopic cholecystectomy that I will soon be having and the hopes of a return to a happier, healthier self.

While I know I still have a long road ahead, with an added surgical recovery, I am hopeful that the best is yet to come. Until then I am reminded of the story I shared over a million times with my uncle when I was a younger girl called The Little Engine That Could: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."

No comments:

Post a Comment