Monday, January 31, 2011

Stir crazy? Eh... Not really...

Usually after a week of being couped up in a hospital and your home, people tend to get a little stir crazy. Me, I think more than stir crazy, I was just tired of sitting in the same recliner (because it's the only comfortable place in my house). So after much thought and careful consideration (plus the concerned nagging of my father) I decided to venture out of the house today.

First stop: the mailbox. I know, I know, it sounds a little silly but for any of you who know where I live and the way our land is, a trip to the mailbox requires about 2/10th of a miles walk to get to. Not much really, but for someone who just had abdominal surgery this was quite the task. No worries, I made it to the mailbox. My legs were quite weak by the time I got there and it was a little painful getting in the van for the outing my mom and I had planned. Never the less, the journey out of the house continued. Let me just say that as trivial as it sounds, bumps in the road are not very nice... We made our way to Wal-Mart and ventured inside. I was quite proud; I walked from the food end, to the pharmacy / home end, back to the frozen part of the food section and miraculously made it up front to check out. It felt like a lifetime, but I'm sure we weren't in there for more than 30 minutes. Let me just say that by time I got home I was ready for my same boring recliner!

Since I was venturing outside of my normal today, I decided to try one more thing. Not sure if it was a good thing to do or not, but my mom made me between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of grits. Ah, the taste to my mouth was delightful. However, it took me over 30 minutes to eat that small amount, and I'm still evaluating repercussions from my "rebelliousness". (more to follow later...)

Now, as I wind down for the evening I share two feelings. Nervousness and excitement. Why you might ask? I have decided that tomorrow I will weigh myself for the first time since I entered the hospital one week ago. The verdict is...

No comments:

Post a Comment