Sunday, February 13, 2011

The journey continues...

Well folks, I'm still moving forward. It may be at a snails pace, but moving forward is better than putting this thing in reverse!

Things have become slightly more routine over the past few days. Sadly, I have become accustomed to the constant nausea. I try to keep my surgeons encouraging words in the front of my mind to help combat the yucky feelings; "Hang in there, it will get better!" I've also tried sleeping in my bed some. While sleeping in my bed all night is not a success, I usually can get maybe 3 hours of sleep in my bed before pain sets in. I am also trying to expand my full liquid diet slowly. In sheer desperation for something different I tried a couple bites of fish yesterday and unfortunately was not ready for that. I'm hanging around Jello, pudding, and grits for the most part right now but did go to the grocery store to get a few different things to try including cream of wheat and oatmeal ; we'll see how that goes. Getting the recommended amounts of liquid in has still been challenging, although the actual act of drinking is not nearly as painful as it was a week ago which is nice. On the slightly fun side, one of my best friends did some spring cleaning and gave me two bags full of nice clothes. While I can not wear any of them now, in a few months I am sure that I will be enjoying them. I have two rubber-maid containers for clothes that people have given me that need to be organized and I also need to go through my own clothes and start weeding out things that I WILL NOT let myself wear again.

The biggest adventure on my plate right now: getting ready to go back to work. While I miss my coworkers, I nervous about being out and working for 8 hours a day. I do fairly well now being out for 2 - 3 hours, but anything longer than that and I start going downhill... With lots of advice from my surgeon about certain things to do and how to handle going back to work, I am hoping that taking one step at a time will make this new path in my journey feasible.  I also know that I have support and encouragement from coworkers that will hopefully help to pull me through each day.

Now, I must try to clean my room as I hate starting a work week with a messy room. Other than that, I'm planning lots of rest and fluids for the day to prepare myself for whats to come.

In the words of Chandler Bing "I can handle this. "Handle" is my middle name. Actually, "handle" is the middle of my first name."

No comments:

Post a Comment