Saturday, February 19, 2011

WHAT A WEEK...

No worries, I have finally found two seconds of down time to update everyone on my continuing journey. To say a lot has happened in the past week would be an understatement...

Biggest step in my journey this week - going back to work.  Was it easy? Absolutely not, no way, not hardly! Long hours, drama, uncomfortable chairs, 20 questions, chronic nausea, sore... I was grateful to be posting this week which did not involve a lot of running around the office or carrying heavy charts as I have not been released for heavy lifting or strenuous activity. Monday, I left and came home in tears because I was so sick feeling a completely drained physically and emotional. Unfortunately I could tell that I was becoming dehydrated again so Tuesday morning I got fluids while I worked.  The routine of getting up in the morning became easier as the week passed.  While dealing with the constant nausea I also was so lucky enough for the pain in my abdomen to return. On top of feeling like you've been hit by a mack truck, the interaction with others can become tiring.  People have lots of questions, work place drama constantly surrounds you, everyone has their own opinions and ways to be critical, and unfortunately aside from one coworker there is no one who can relate to my current journey.  Talk about overwhelming! It definitely was one of the hardest weeks I have had thus far and might not have been the best choice to return this soon.  Success? Failure? To soon to tell? 

On top of feeling so bad, I discovered that my PICC line had become infected. Thankfully two of our office physicians were working at our weekend office. I made a visit to see them this morning as I wasn't sure I should wait until Monday to have it looked at. Verdict: infected PICC line was removed, started on antibiotics and cultures to be dove to see how extensive the infection is.  I simply can't win for loosing....

Now I have finally made it back to my lovely home where I intend to stay until next year.   I need lots of rest, lots of medication and my mommy to take care of me!  Most importantly I need peace; this past month has been super challenging which can lead to second guessing thoughts.

"A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner."

No comments:

Post a Comment