Friday, February 25, 2011

One Month Post Op

Ladies and Germs - we have reached the one month anniversary of my life changing journey. I cant believe I have made it this far. Can I just say that this month has felt like a lifetime.

Highlights of the month include: SURGERY which is where the journey began. After a couple days in the hospital recovering I was able to venture home to continue my recovery which unfortunately was with insufficient fluid intake.  Thus leading to my 2nd hospital stay for dehydration where I was graciously hydrated and at times felt like I was drowning.  Next step in the journey was back to the house equipped with a PICC line and instructions to drink drink drink! Several days passed leading to another visit with the surgeon who reassured me that with time things should get better and released me back to work with restrictions. Going back to work has definitely been the biggest challenge, hands down! Top it all off with more fluids and an infected PICC line and you have one heck of a ride.

Here I sit one month later, 35 pounds lighter, and completely drained of all energy and emotion.

¡Ay Caramba!

No comments:

Post a Comment